A NEW APPROACH IN AN AGE OLD BUSINESS+44 (0) 1926 691 141
Sold for: £51,188
The Audi 'Quattro' presented at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1980 represented a quantum leap in the re-positioning of the Audi brand with their mission statement "Vorsprung durch Technik" having been applied literally. A new 20-valve engine was introduced in 1989 and with it, the Quattro became the last series production model to be given a controlled catalytic converter. After 11,452 Quattro cars had been built, production of the longest built Audi model ceased on 17 May 1991.
First registered on 12 March 1990 and supplied new by Listers of Coventry, this 20v Audi Quattro today presents very well. Clearly, this car has lived a pampered life with just under 65,000 miles showing of which only 15,000 have been covered in the last 19 years. Described as driving as well as it looks which is no surprise as this example is accompanied by a large history folder documenting its entire ownership and maintenance record from new. The original book pack is also supplied containing a fully, main agent-stamped service book which is also supported with paper invoices. Rarely do examples such as these come to market with a full Audi service record and unquestionable history, this would make a fine addition to any classic car collection.
An icon from the golden era of International Rallying, these Audi Quattros will continue to be highly sought after and this example with sensible miles and documented history may turn out to be rather a smart purchase.